"GREEN GARDENER AT HOME" PROGRAM
River-Friendly Landscaping is… an environmentally friendly way of gardening.
Healthy Landscapes Make for Healthy People, Plants, Animals and Waterways. What we do in our landscapes has a direct effect on the health and wellness of the people, plants and waterways to which we're connected.
The new River-Friendly Landscaping “Green Gardener at Home” ten week training program provides a whole-systems approach to gardening and landscaping that helps home gardeners save water, time and money.
Benefits to you:
- Saves money by reducing water, fertilizer, and pesticide use
- Requires less maintenance such as mowing and trimming
- Reduces yard waste
- Attracts wonderful birds and butterflies to your garden
- Provides a healthy, attractive landscape
- Saves landfill space
- Reduces air pollution by reducing the amount of yard waste that is transported to the landfill and reducing the need for polluting maintenance equipment
- Improves water quality by reducing pollution from chemical runoff and requires less water
- Introduction to River-Friendly Landscaping
- Introduction to Soils
- Compost and Mulch
- Landscape Design
- Right Plant, Right Place
- Edible Gardens
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Pruning for Plant Health
- Fertilizer and
Interested in future Green Gardener at Home Classes? Send an email — To be notified when class information is available. email@example.com