The River-Friendly Landscaping Green Gardener Professional Training Program
River-Friendly Landscaping is an approach to landscaping that works with nature to reduce waste, prevent pollution and support the integrity of the Sacramento River watershed.
This program is designed for the Professional in the Landscape Industry and combines cutting-edge technology with ecologically sound landscaping principles and practices.
The Green Gardener Training Program is a ten-week series of classes that provides professionals with a foundation of knowledge and training on the following topics:
River-Friendly Landscaping Principles
Mulches and Compost
Water Efficient Irrigation (2 classes)
Right Plant, Right Place
Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
Pruning for Plant Health and Structure
Fertilizers & Turf Care
Marketing Your Green Gardener Business
Why become a Qualified River-Friendly Green Gardener Professional?
The qualified Green Gardener conscientiously adheres to the River-Friendly Landscape Guidelines and will have successfully completed intensive training.
- Gain a competitive advantage by being a part of this dynamic green industry movement.
- Be qualified to respond to the increased need for professionals trained in environmentally-responsible principles and practices for the changing California landscape.
- Receive recognition in public outreach opportunities, including the opportunity to be listed on the EcoLandscaper™ Professional Referral List.
- Identify yourself as a Green Gardener and ultimately an EcoLandscaper, and use the official titles and logos to promote your services and qualifications.
- Reduce pesticide use, minimize runoff, and prevent pollution for a healthier landscape and environment for you and your clients.
- Learn to communicate the principles and standards that provide beautiful, eco-friendly, water-efficient landscaping services to clients and employers.
RIVER-FRIENDLY LANDSCAPING GREEN GARDENER TRAINING PROGRAM
Our Professional River-Friendly Landscaping Green Gardener Training Program
is a 10-Week Intensive Class preparing landscapers with the latest key principles and tchniques to meet our new changing California landscape.
INTERESTED IN FUTURE CLASSES? SEND AN EMAIL NOW TO BE ADDED TO OUR LIST.
We will notify you of class information when available. email@example.com
EcoLandscaper - How do I qualify to become an EcoLandscaper?
The Program was first developed by the City and County of Santa Barbara and Ecology Action with funding from the State Water Resources Control Board through a Coastal Non-Point Source and a Proposition 13 grant in 2005.
The first River-Friendly Landscaping Green Gardener Class in Sacramento began in Spring 2009. We have graduates from 15 River-Friendly Landscaping Green Gardener Training Classes.